Software Configuration Engineer
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
A Software Configuration Engineer is responsible for the code management and build processes at the studio. Working under the direction of the Research and Development team, the SCM Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving the existing build and release tools, as well as building and deploying the 3rd party applications and libraries used for development.
- Maintain and extend the build and deployment infrastructure for both proprietary and third party software tools and libraries, including deploying to "the cloud"
- Integrate proprietary software with third party applications and libraries
- Maintain and extend developer and build tools
- Troubleshoot software bugs, including dynamic library dependency issues.
Education and/or Experience Required:
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
5+ years industry related experience
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
- Significant experience with source code, build, and release management
- Experience in Python and C++
- Experience with C.D. software such as Jenkins
- Experience with modern enterprise-level code repositories such as Github and Bitbucket
- Experience with building and installing developer tools include C++ compilers, debuggers, toolchains, etc.
- Experience with building and installing third party software and libraries including Python and Qt
- Experience with industry build tools including Make or SCons
- Experience with building in a linux production environment
- Ability to establish priorities for self and be a good collaborator with other teams
- Solid communication skills]