Job Description :
Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development.
Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. Develops software configuration standards and policies for company-wide use.
Trains software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
Maintains the Software Configuration Management System including collection or distribution of code documentation, problem report and change request processing, software build documents, and delivery of software products to operational environments.
Implements long term organizational objectives for software process improvement, compliance with ISO 9000 standards, and software code reuse.
Train and support Military Support Programs Software Engineers in use of Gitlab, git, Artifactory, Synergy, and program software build tools.
Perform administrative and build manager functions within tools. Perform transfers of configuration tool data to and from other team members and customer databases.
Perform builds of Flight, Test Set, Simulation and Data Services software. Develop and maintain scripts to support of Software Configuration Management tools and processes
• Bachelors degree with minimum 2 years of software configuration experience. In lieu of a degree, candidates who have 13 years of relevant experience including 2 years of software configuration experience will also be considered
• Understanding of Software Configuration Management processes
• Understanding of the software lifecycle
• Unix/Linux experience
• Scripting skills - Perl, Python, kshell
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work with a team
• Knowledge of software configuration and build tools, including IBM Rational Synergy, GIT, GITlab, Jenkins, Artifactory