SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The software configuration analyst is responsible for supporting the evolution of the various applications with technical design, configuration, testing and implementation of new systems and solutions, system optimization and analysis and process improvements. He/she is also a key point of contact between the vendors, engineers and functional users.
- Expert in the software application that they support.
- Evaluate and test software patches and new software versions as they become available.
- Administer and manage the technical support of the systems, including ownership of system configuration, maintenance and development of scripts and interface development.
- Evaluate technical business requests from functional requirements provided by the functional business analyst.
- Produce and communicate application specific technical documentation including systematic processes and flows, interfaces and technical configurations.
- Design and propose improved systemic flows and interfaces.
- Enforce proper testing methodology and develop test scripts with the users and vendors.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards for the business.
- Maintain incident and change logs for the software application.
- Create support documentation for the Help Desk.
- Address production issues in a timely and efficient manner with the appropriate sense of urgency and prioritization: perform all necessary investigation and analysis to solve the issues; coordinate with software vendors’ support desks if needed and actively communicate progress and results to the appropriate IT team members and business community.
- Able to provide support for systems, including evening, weekend, peak business activity periods and on call assignments
- Assist in prioritizing new requests
- Perform ad-hoc tasks when needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills