Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable. Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Analysts may work independently or be asked to oversee junior analysts.
Software (SW) Configuration Management (CM) analysts are responsible for developing and maintaining software and other technological aspects on a DoD program. General CM software analyst duties and responsibilities are delineated below: * Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or in a related field; and has a minimum of 5 years working experience supporting scripting languages and database management.
* Responsible for ensuring the necessary technology interfaces appropriately with client needs, including third-party applications and customer interaction ensuring program applications remain secure and are coordinated and communicated with peers both internally and externally.* High level of problem solving is reqired to troubleshoot system issues and prevent downtime.* SW analysts work in an office environment and traditionally work during normal business hours, although at times some late shifts or on-call remote work may be requested.* SW CM tasks and duties:
- Communicate issues and risks pertaining to issues, solutions and releases
- Coordinate final signoff releases and manage release schedule
- Work with developers, QA and administrators to ensure success of builds and deployments in development, QA, UAT, staging and production environments
- Support the engineering teams using Clear Case/Clear Quest to solve release and SW build problems.
- Maintain software tools to support the software release process and SCCB
- Implement software configuration management policies and products
- Timing execution of platform integration builds and ensuring that all issues encountered while generating platform builds are resolved
- Monitor and troubleshoot common and daily SW tasks and documentation updates
- Provide direction on maturing the VHDL CM repository/process from Design Sync.
* Ability to work professionally to tight deadlines while producing quality work and
to communicate to the team effectively
* Perform ClearCase (CC) and ClearQuest(CQ) administrator tasks such as
creating VOB, directory structures in CC, create CQ database for programs,
queries, add rules and users in both tools. CM software architect, building,
merging/inheriting and establishing new branching versioning, documentation
processing and maintain a dedicated build machine to eliminate variable
* Perform system level Operational Program (OP),with combined
binaries with currently single development branching.
* Perform Share Point administration such as creating program directory
structures, granting access, limiting access to general users, creating excel
metric reports for capturing SW CCB agendas, minutes, document releases,
archives and, directories, and internal links and documentation numbering and
* Moving the current software tool set forward to a Jira/Git Hub CM process
* Working knowledge of the following tools; STM Pro, Share Point, Design Sync
for VHDL coding, PDM or PLM, Visio or Adobe Pro, Microsoft Office Suite
(Word, Excel, Power Point) and Rational tool sets.
* Past experience with Hardware CM and Program Change Boards including data management SDRL submittals via IDE environments.