Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a key member of Viasat’s fast-paced Software/Cloud Development team, you will use your talents to design, and develop computer software solutions to support a range of Internet-based applications and, designing and deploying cloud infrastructure.
- Design and implement architectures for creating and provisioning a dynamic cloud-based architecture consisting of virtualized resources that support multi-tiered HA/Clustered applications, services, databases, and capabilities using various hypervisors, platforms, and Linux operating systems.
- Assist with providing Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, operating system management, networksecurity, directory services, server virtualization, using system backup and restore, system and system monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with the other Viasat cloud and software teams.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and defects, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Support our highly available cloud environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology.
- 5+ years of significant software development experience
- Deep understanding of cloud computing, configuration management, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Experience with Linux administration (Red Hat/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu)
- Hands-on experience with orchestration technologies like Ansible
- Experience with running virtualized environments based on KVM and ESXi
- Experience working with SDN (OVS, VXLAN, Nokia Nuage)
- Experience with MS SQL Server and/or Oracle database
- Experience with Radius, LDAP, Syslog
- Familiar with LEAN Engineering concepts
- Experience with developing NPM package
- Strong debugging skills.
- Experience with software estimation, test automation and simulation to gather automated software performance measurement
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Linux administration
- Experience with Cloud Management Systems
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Back to search jobs
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse enviroment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or veteran status.