Spirent Communications is seeking a Chief Platform & UI/UX Architect who is passionate about delivering scalable, resilient products leveraging the latest cloud native design patterns and technologies. The successful candidate will architect and lead a development team to deliver a new modern, and cloud native product that provides innovative analytics and automation capabilities.
- Lead all platform level design planning and execution
- Design and deliver a full-stack cloud native framework
- Drive test automation process improvement initiatives
- Build new UI/UX framework & pipeline that incorporates the Voice of Customer
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent (Technical Degree preferred).
- Strong experience building distributed, horizontally scalable, cloud native products.
- Strong design experience in building product architectures that are robust, resilient and are compartmentalized between front end and back end implementation to supports simple integration, simple evolution, and a high degree of test automation as part of CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong analytics skills to understand product requirements, select technologies and architect data pipelines to maximize off the shelf capabilities.
- Strong Data Pipeline Expertise. Solid experience building ETL Layer (Extract Transform Load) to consume a broad set of data sources and organize them in a multi-data store backend.
- Very comfortable dealing with Streaming Ingest, Delta Ingest, Batch Ingest for a wide variety of the data type: analytics time series data, events, security logs, graph topology, ticket data, change control events, etc.
- Experience building applications leveraging a distributed backend made of NEO4J, Elastic Search, InfluxdB, Cassandra, Spark
- Experience designing, maintaining and stress-testing systems for high availability
- Strong experience in development of responsive Cloud Native web applications using HTML, CSS, web sockets, and services workers
- Strong understanding of how modern UI / UX is impacted by flexible query capabilities powered by Solr, Elasticsearch, and GraphQL
- Experience in building rich dynamic visualization with libraries like D3
- User Experience Design background: Hands-on experience with design systems is a strong asset
- Passion to build products that are beautiful by design and stand out from the competition by solving problems and leveraging modern approaches.