We are looking for a qualified and highly motivated Procurement professional to join our growing corporate procurement team. The Buyer reports to the Procurement Manager and works within the procurement team to support our internal organizations. Candidate will need to successfully coordinate many moving projects simultaneously.
This individual must have:
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Procurement
- In depth knowledge and experience in key software suppliers and technologies
- Working knowledge of software licensing and Cloud contracts
- Experience working with mid to large vendors
- Strong contract negotiator.
- Able to review business and legal requirements and identify potential business risks
- Ability to work independently and strategically, solving problems, in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and recommend the best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements
- Process purchase requisitions, perform required research and create purchase order in the Oracle system
- Research, evaluate market value and negotiate pricing and terms with suppliers
- Daily Follow up on projects and high priority purchase orders
- Inform initiators about delays or status changes to purchase orders
- Continuously looks for opportunities to achieve cost savings in software procurement activities
- Work closely with the Procurement Manager and internal departments to obtain an in-depth understanding of the needs and consequently negotiate, or help negotiate, an appropriate agreement with suppliers
- Provide a professional level of communication and service to all internal departments and external vendors
- Maintain and establish vendor relationships
- Produce reports, presentations and charts for analysis
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing other job related tasks as needed and actively participate in achieving procurement team goals.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- BA or BS in Procurement, Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experience required
- 4+ years’ experience as a Buyer in a medium to large sized company, in Procurement technology: Software, Computer hardware and Cloud services
- Strong understanding of business operations
- Experience in vendor assessment and evaluation
- Experience interacting with different cultures and geographies
- Strong computer literacy – MS Suite and Oracle experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills – strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.