Journal Technologies’ core product, eCourt, is a web-based case management system for justice agencies (courts, district attorneys, public defenders and probation departments). We have provided software solutions to government agencies for more than 25 years serving over 500 courts and justice agencies in 41 states and internationally. Journal Technologies (JTI) is looking for a software developer desiring to work out of our Logan, Utah office to join our team in providing solutions to our clients.
- Work with a team to develop and configure JTI’s case management software
- Analyze system problems and provide development solutions to those problems
- Develop, debug and test system business rules
- Work with business analysts to design screens/searches/workflows/reports and complete cycle through development, test, debug and documentation
- Write documentation that details the technical processes of the software
- Incorporate feedback from project managers, business analysts and subject matter experts.
- Light Travel < 20>#/li###
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (minimum 3 years)
- Proficiency in object oriented programming
- Experience with HTML
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Database or Oracle Database
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- 1+ years of development experience using XML
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to write technical documentation
Helpful But Not Required:
- Knowledge of Justice/Court management processes
- Be prepared to demonstrate sample processes from a personal project.
- Be ready to take development tests to demonstrate your technical abilities.
Location: Logan, Utah
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Journal Technologies.
EOO policy states: The treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, national origin, color, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Location: Logan, UT