Software Build Engineer
ENEA is currently searching for a qualified Build & Release Engineer to work with a newly formed team at an Embedded Medical Device company in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
This engineer will be responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking. You will also assist with the design and installation of next generation build server. Works closely with a quality assurance team to ensure final version is up to organizational standards. Supports Configuration Management activities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initial development of server will be to bring up the compiler environment manually to generate builds and then to automate deployments by scripting application releases with PowerShell and other tools to run via command lines and ARA (application release automation) tools. Deployment automation requirements from simple MSI installations to complex multi-application medical device installations.
- Provides subject matter expertise for ARA tool of choice, Release Management for Visual Studio 2013.
- Installs required third party tools in build environment to enable build.
- Facilitates lessons learned meetings for release issues and follows through on resolutions incorporating them into best release practices where applicable.
- Assists in release management activities for improving current release practices, new processes and projects that drive value for the business.
- Other projects impacting release management as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation server. GIT.
- Knowledge of MS Release Management for Visual Studio 2013 a plus.
- Demonstrates sound technical skills with a strong working knowledge of scripting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in an Agile development framework
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Cybersecurity, SSL, TLS,
- Visual Studio 2013+, installing of 3rd party tools.
- Medical device experience would be beneficial.