The Software Automation Engineer will be part of a test team working with our development team in an Agile environment to test new and existing web application products. The testing will include manual testing, along with the planning and development of automated testing. In this role, the employee will write test cases, create and execute test plans, and craft testing strategies for each release.
- Works with functional teams to analyze and identify automation test cases, identify test data requirement for automation.
- Interacts with application teams and functional testers to discuss automation scope, framework tailoring, and design
- Designs test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms and with an emphasis on automation.
- Executes test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing items; summarizing results
- Promotes and trains on continuous testing/agile test strategies and DevOps
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to ensure backlog is ready and actionable.
- Participates in the creation and prioritization of User Stories.
- Supports the development of broad and achievable release plans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-5+ years in working with test automation on complex enterprise solutions
- 3-5 years’ experience drafting test plans and test cases
- Proven success owning performance and load testing (JMeter is a plus).
- Uses data or factual evidence including metrics and monitoring processes in forming results
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology fundamentals
- Exposure to Application Security tools (static and dynamic analysis)
- Exposure to implementing test automation on a CICD pipeline
- Competency with front-end automation tools such as Selenium (Page Object Model methodology is a plus)- REQUIRED
- Programming experience with Python and Java- REQUIRED
- Competency on writing basic SQL queries
- Basic knowledge on white-box testing
- Hands-on experience with API testing using PostMan, Jmeter or similar tools to test Services (Web API/JSON/REST)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.