Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The GM Connected Customer & Mobility Solutions Team is seeking an ambitious and creative application automation test engineer who will contribute to the development and improvement of automation test framework and test suite for Infotainment applications that are downloaded and/or directly integrated to in-vehicle infotainment. As a member of the award winning In-vehicle applications team, this individual will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment focusing on the development of driver safe infotainment solutions that re-define the driving experience by leveraging vehicle data, voice, and connectivity.
- Develop and grow an automation test framework and test suite for GM’s in-vehicle infotainment platforms
- Work closely with developers to create automation tests as the code is developed
- Interface with test hardware to perform testing and be able to debug hardware or connection issues
- Participate in all stages of software development including requirements, definition, review, coding and release
- Collaborate with applications groups to understand requirements and map them into test design
- Communicate and share information with cross-functional team members to achieve project goals
- Proficiently test and verify Android applications that contribute to the connected car feature roadmap
- Generate automated test cases based on feature development within applications
- Perform manual/automated unit, regression and integration and UI test cases as situationally required to support swarming on open tasks within a sprint
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Review software specifications, designs and code to improve overall quality of automation
- Update documentation as needed as test cases are automated or updated
- Prospective candidates possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired:
- Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of testing experience in both manual and automated
- Experience in automation testing using tools such as Espresso or UI Automator, Appium & Selenium or experience creating test plans/cases from scratch
- In-depth understanding of QA practices, standards and testing processes and demonstrates expertise in software quality assurance/quality control
- Experience in metrics-based approaches & produce quality metrics
- Ability to translate Functional and Operational requirements into test cases and scenarios, and create test plan including defining, estimating, prioritizing and coordinating testing activities
- Understanding of all aspects of software testing including test environment, test data, and test automation, complete software testing life cycle and Agile methodology
- Ability to perform various levels of Testing System, Functional, Integration, GUI, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Test
- Ability to Identify Risks and communicate them.
- Basic understanding of configuration management tools, automation build systems and continuous integration pipelines
- Collaborate with external organizations and business units to ensure defect-free applications are delivered with quality
- Ability to support production issues – troubleshooting and coordination of timely and effective resolutions
- Facilitation and Support of user acceptance testing
- Must have strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams, effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of result
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience with Espresso, UI Automator, Appium or Perfecto
- Understanding of Cucumber and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and ATDD.
- Continuous integration with Jenkins
- Experience with infotainment test bench hardware and testing equipment a plus
- Experience writing and executing manual test cases
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- “Think outside the box” mentality
- Comprehend techniques offered by developers and architects
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.