We are currently seeking a highly motivated professional for the role of Software Architect. This position will be one of a three-member architectural team. This team is responsible for making high-level software design choices, new technology assessments and dictating technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. This team is also responsible for making sure that the various software applications, platforms, technologies and systems are architected and designed to work effectively and efficiently with each other and that they are reliable and scalable. A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other architectural team members to determine and agree upon high level enterprise software architectural design solutions that meet current and growing business needs.
- Responsible for enterprise wide design and development of current and next generation of internal and external facing systems.
- Analyze, document and prioritize systemic upgrades to the current architecture.
- Collaborate with IT business analysts and internal business customers to thoroughly understand business needs and then designing appropriate technical solutions that are robust and reliable.
- Work closely with Database Architect in the design and implementation of software and systems to assure data integrity and software performance.
- Analyze moderate to complex business needs to design appropriate technical solutions.
- Collaborate with software engineers, database engineers, Ops engineers, and others to implement software solutions that meet business needs.
- Serves as the top level technical expert to technical team leads and software engineers in providing high-level architectural specifications and addressing problems of systems integration and compatibility.
- Provide timely response/resolution of emergency production questions, issues, and defects.
- Perform code reviews and make recommendations on changes that need to be made.
- Provide high level estimates for implementing software solutions.
- Analyze and direct the technical standards development should conform to.
- Research, analyze and direct the technical languages and tooling standards utilized by development across multiple systems.
- Provide 7 X 24 on-call support in a rotation with other architects.
- Team player that is also self-motivated.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 7+ years of experience in high level designing, developing and integration of new software solutions.
- 7+ years of experience with .net and C#.
- 7+ years of experience developing in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with various web service APIs.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle and/or MSSQL.
- 3+ years of experience with credit card processing gateways.
- Strong communication, facilitation, and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science or related field or the equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Experience in a Direct Selling or NetworkMarketing environment (desired)
- Experience in an Agile environment (desired).
- Working understanding of server hardware.
- Working understanding of networking.