Primarily responsible for the design & development of next-generation device-level communication protocols, coupled with comprehensive system-level securitytechnology for both hardware & software products associated with Professional Solutions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Lead a global team 3~5 highly competent, senior software professionals.
- Responsible for design & development of next-generation device-level communication protocol for Professional Solutions.
- Defining communication protocol roadmap and governance model.
- Working with software teams to integrate the protocol stack in to hardware and software platforms.
- Define, develop & deploy comprehensive system-level securitytechnology for hardware & software products associated with Professional Solutions.
- Perform Threat Assessment, analyze attack vectors, review security requirements, systems and software architectures from a security standpoint and provide guidance for required implementation for core technology and strategic projects.
- Work with fellow Cyber Security Architects to define security requirements for cross-functional teams in developing systems.
- Define specs for security testing and acceptance criteria, Define routine code analysis checks, establish policy for fuzz testing and functional security testing and Review policy adherence throughout lifecycle.
- Review new securitytechnologies, help select third party suppliers, and create solutions to effectively mitigate securitythreats/risks.
- Will have to solve complex cybersecurity challenges balancing between requirements, state of the art securitytechnologies and cost.
- Leading a Team - Build and develop a strong global team of software and system specialists, responsive to the needs of our businesses. Ability to attract, retain and motivate best in class talent. Promotes and develops top talent, move or change incorrect talent when needed.
- Financial & Commercial acumen - The individual must have demonstrated an ability to think beyond the technology itself and will understand key business drivers that ensure technologyinvestment will provide substantial value or improvements to customers.
- Team Player - The successful individual will have deep and broad experience leading and managing a team and collaborate with business owners and technology peers. He/She will be able to effectively communicate, motivate, coach and develop technical excellence. Establish credibility throughout the organization and with Corporate Executive Management as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- At least 10 years’ experience in C++ for Windows and Linux
- At least 5 years’ experience working with TCP/IPnetworking socket APIs within Windows or Linux
- At least 5 years’ experience working with embedded systems on Linux
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in either implementation of security mechanisms or reverse engineering of embedded systems
- Expertise in systems and Layer 2 networkdriver development.
- Expertise in networking protocols, OSI network stack, network design & switching protocols.
- Experience in software project management
- Experience in applied cryptography and design of crypto-based mechanisms
- Experience in handling various HW platforms and various operating systems
- Experience in working in a global corporate with diverse technology teams and customers
- Software Development – 10+ years of experience in driving and leading software predevelopment and core development, understanding the needs of program and product execution – technical capability to guide strategically and manage resources – experienced in leading agile software development
- Business Acumen - Business acumen, to gauge not just what can be done but to know what can be profitable, is a key requirement for this role. The ability to manage near-term R&D costs/risks with long-term product commercialization is a critical requirement for this position.
- Communication Skills - While it is required this person to be technically skilled, he/she must also be able to communicate effectively with customers and constituents outside the engineering organization. This person must have the ability to promote and explain technology initiatives to business leaders outside of the technology organization and to external partners and customers.
- Organizational Leadership - This person should have led a significant part of a technology team. He/She must bring strong people leadership experience up to and including senior technologists.
- Strategy - This person must be a strategic technology leader; that is, he/she must combine a solid technical foundation with forward-looking strategic skills to effectively develop a software strategy to enable Harman to capitalize on emerging technologies including emerging technology trends outside of Harman’s core domain.
- Domain Expertise - Understanding of Professional Solutions in the domain of Audio, Video, and Lighting & Control will be an added advantage. Knowledge of professional system control technologies is highly desirable.