In this role, you will be a lead authority on software engineering best practices and processes. You will oversee code management, coding best practice, pattern selection and implementation, software design and accompanying documentation practices along with providing guidance on quality testing tools and techniques.
The successful candidate will also have designed, developed and commercialized web apps as well as the Software architecture that drives those Apps. Also it's highly desirable that the candidate has designed developed software that interacts with physical devices such as scientific instruments.
- Design and lead the implementation of a new web-based software platform.
- Create and maintain thorough architectural and design documentation for the platform.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the team members.
- Collaborate with adjacent software and hardware teams to negotiate optimal/extensible contracts and interfaces in order to assure robust transactions and transfer of data.
- Collaborate and coordinate with geographically distributed (UK and Romania) team members
- Create and maintain an extensible architecture that assure agile response to market needs of future features and capabilities.
- Regularly collaborate with the Interaction Design Lead to ensure that the platform architecture can deliver the appropriate user experience.
- Regularly collaborate with the Product Manager and Product Owner to refine work items in the backlog and in sprints.
- Recommend tooling that can help with team efficiency and assure product success.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or another related field.
- 10+ years experience developing software using web tools and technologies.
- Extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patterns.
- Expert level software development in web technologies (JS/TS, HTML, CSS/SCSS).
- Extensive experience in web frameworks (Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js)
- Experience with IoT, Cloud, Security and Internationalization preferred.
- Proficient in Atlasian Toolset (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)