We are looking for high-energy, dynamic professionals who want to work for a growing global company and would love to take a bite out of the networksecuritylandscape. WatchGuard has deployed nearly a million of its integrated, multi-function threat management appliances worldwide and that number is rapidly growing. Of course, we recognize that there are a lot of security solution companies out there, but at the end of the day our product platforms yield dramatically higher performances than many of our competitors. We provide a solution that is scalable with hardware advances, utilizes best-of-breed technology, includes award-winning visibility tools, and is generally awesome all around.
But, you don’t have to take our word for it. WatchGuard is one of the most highly awarded companies in networksecurity. We have won an array of awards, recognitions, reviews, 5-star ratings, and shout-outs. And the recognitions keep piling up.
Unleash the beast and join RED. Apply to WatchGuard today!
WatchGuard’s Software Architect is a pivotal role for driving, implementing and maintaining WatchGuard’s IT software and cloud architecture. This key position will provide thought leadership around our applications, cloud implementation, offerings and advocates best practices by understanding designs and the implications of implementation approaches. You will be able to articulate WatchGuard’s business strategy and align it to IT solutions and systems with the objective of designing new or enhanced services that are fast, reliable, secure, scalable, and resilient. The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and be pragmatic in approach by weighing pros and cons of various design points. The architect must be able to work in an agile, fast-paced, lean focused, and collaborative environment.
- Define, build, and maintain the security services architecture, technology strategy and implementation standards for WatchGuard’s custom/business applications and services
- Applies, leverages, and integrates emerging cloud and software technological trends for the architecture that ensure application longevity and agility
- Partners with product management, marketing, support, sales, UX, and other stakeholders to design, communicate and implement strategies, standards, processes, infrastructure, and application solutions
- Collaborate with Engineering Architects to understand engineering systems and processes and share IT strategy and solutions
- Researches and analyzes new technology advancements and conduct evaluations focused on optimizing and improving application and infrastructure performance, scalability, availability, and operational reliability
- In sprint retrospectives, contributes insights for continuous improvement
- Mentors other team members in application, delivery, cloud and open source technologies and architecture; provides innovative thinking and strong problem-solving abilities to deliver results
- Stays up-to-date and relevant with new technologies, desirable skillsets, trends, and has opinions on broad topics within technology and network and security focused companies
- Evangelize what is best for delivering secure solutions with a customer state of mind--doing what is best for the customer
- Works with Technical support team to troubleshoot, debug, and resolves escalated issues with intent of solving the underlying cause so customers do not encounter it again
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant industry experiencepreferred
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing and deploying high-volume, multi-tiered, multi-tenant, distributed mission critical applications is required
- At least 7 years of expert-level knowledge and experience principal software engineer in multiple languages and technologies
- At least 2 years in a technical lead position
- Hands-on Azure experience in design and implementation of cloud infrastructure and platform
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in security or network industry is a plus
- Has written extensive amounts of backend & frontend production code
- Relational databaseexperience and demonstrated abilities in SQL and data modeling is required
- Hands-on experience with cloud architectures, RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- Previous experience on modern CI/CD, DevOps approach, tools and infrastructure, code generation, and test automation
- Must have experience with enterprise ERP, CRM, DW and applications
- Outstanding history of execution in complex environments; experience with enterprise-scale agile development methodologies and their optimization
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, able to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide audience.