Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We deliver award-winning services in managed networks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Do you live, eat, and breathe programming? Are you someone who sees code in their dreams? Would you consider yourself a person who can drive the technology for the company? Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp Software Technology Architect to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a software fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of Virtela systems and tools and lead and transform the OSS and BSS applications.
- Working collaboratively with Business SMEs and software engineers, to design and deliver advanced applications with state of the art next-gen User Interface and intuitive navigation.
- Work on every level of the stack – frontend to backend, and everything in between.
- Come up with latest and greatest technology ideas and establish proof of concept for the new technologies and drive aggressive implementation of team operational objectives according to application requirements for functionality, quality, and on time
- Lead the architecture design strategy in the area of business process management, new web based technology architecture, B2B integration, Portal application, and operational Managed Services support systems in the data communications field.
- Drive infrastructure software standards and guidelines, Performance analysis, benchmarking and detailed design of the system.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Masters is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of next-gen UI designs, coding, testing of web based applications.
- Experience with server technology stacks such as Java/Java EE.
- Proficient in XML, Web Services, REST & RPC, JSON.
- Demonstrate Experience in frameworks like Spring MVC, AngularJS, GWT, or JSF.
- Demonstrated ORM experience Like Hibernate, JPA, ibatis/myBatis.
- Good knowledge in database design concepts and SQL.
- Good knowledge in Big Data, Streaming Data and Time series DB technology like Hadoop/Spark/Kafka, Mongo DB, ELK, Druid/Influxdb
- Proven ability to rapidly deliver prototypes and proof-of-concept work to validate a proposed architectural approach.
- Very well versed in using agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Minimum one year of experience in designing and implementing work-flow based systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in architecting next-gen UI/UX initiatives.
- Minimum 8+ years of proven progressive experience in software engineering as a developer, solutions architect, delivering cutting edge Web-based applications.
- Vast experience in using Open source software, and understanding of the various licensing schemes.
- Experience in using BPM based tool (like JBPM).
- Prior experience working with global teams that provide 24/7 support to clients and customers
- Willingness and ability to conduct meetings and field communication outside of normal working hours to accommodate teams based internationally, as needed
- Ability to work effectively with clients, senior management, staff and vendors
- Previous experience working with/presenting to an executive audience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.