About the role
Syapse is seeking a software architect to collaborate with our platform and applications teams, product, and business groups to evolve our precision medicine platform. You will be defining systems that not only deliver precision medicine benefits into the clinic, but selectively shares data across health systems, payers, and pharmaceutical partners in order to achieve better outcomes for patients. Challenges include large scale clinical data integration, executing rules over semantic datasets, interoperability with other systems in the clinical workflow, integrating a service-oriented distributed architecture, ensuring privacy of patient data, and more.
You should bring a deep software engineering experience, a collaborative nature, the ambition to build a truly comprehensive precision medicine platform, and the judgement to choose how to attack that challenge piece by piece. We provide innovative customers and integration partners, plenty of system design and customer implementation challenges, and a strong, can-do team of engineers.
Here is what we expect you would bring to the table
- Deep understanding of different enterprise integration patterns and best practices such as events, synchronous vs. asynchronous messaging, peer-to-peer, Publish-subscribe, distributed logs and RESTful APIs.
- Service oriented architecture and Microservices topologies, including operational concerns such as resiliency, observability, discovery and routing, etc.
- Enterprise security design in a Microservices architecture such as the role of Identity Providers and the Authentication / Authorization flow design. Should have designed permissions system for restricted user access down to the object level.
- Proven and successful approaches to managing Architectural debt, Architecture governance and evolution in practice.
- Ability to consume, process, and wrangle massive amounts of data both in transit and at rest
- Scalable and distributed systems design and technologies
- Ability to effectively collaborate, evangelize, and train engineers and engineering leaders on platform-thinking
- Create, maintain, and evolve Syapse’s SaaSarchitecture.
- Participate in product feature design development and review.
- Participate and often lead the technical architecture board (TAB) at Syapse to govern architectural evolution.
- Contribute to or lead prototype, advance development, and proof of concept projects.
- Collaborate with peers across multiple technology disciplines such as delivery infrastructure, data, and security.
- Evolve existing architecture to match company goals.
- Terse but thorough documentation of design.
- Integrate AWS and similar services into architecture, including IaaS/PaaS
- Gather and document goals based on the business objectives, lead and document design effort, consult throughout development and maintenance. Contribute code as appropriate.
- A minimum of 5-8years experience delivering sophisticated software systems; enterprise SaaS application experience in a regulated industry is preferred.
- BS in Computer Science or related field; MS or other advanced degreepreferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional software projects from initial consensus to delivery and beyond, strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience translating business requirements into technology solutions. Strong analytical skills.
- Experience organizing partners or third-party developers to deliver integrated solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication. Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in writing.
- Strong database knowledge including several of: transactions, scaling, query optimization, sharding, fault tolerance, and deployment issues.
- Expert level knowledge in distributed systems, service oriented architecture and multi-tenant systems.
- Thorough knowledge of web application issues such as scaling, security, performance, caching, HTTP protocol, and web services configuration.
- Lead workshops and group activities with delivery teams and executives
- Regulated industry experience e.g. Healthcare or Finance is preferred