This person will work with a team of extremely talented engineers, product leaders and architects to provide the long-term architectural roadmap, play a strategic role in guiding and defining the use of cutting-edge technologies, and be a driving force for quality, speed, and efficiency.
This means that you'll have the following responsibilities:
- Validate and consult with development teams on the appropriate use of Kafka, Microservices, and other methodologies, focused on delivering high-quality, scalable solutions in a timely manner.
- Leveraging your expertise to design and implement (with other engineers following your lead) a scalable and performant data processing layer for Collibra
- Taking full ownership for designing a broad, comprehensive technical strategy focused on event based processing and a scalable cloud architecture.
- Partnering closely with Product Management and Marketing to set product strategy and conveying estimates of effort for agilely implementing complex solutions
- Creating formal networks with key decision makers and serve as an external spokesperson for the organization
- Implementing prototypes of features that accelerate the value of Collibra for customers that can be used and productionalized by others
- Managing and working with complex dependencies between different teams and products to ensure alignment, product quality, and vision are in a class of their own
- Deep practical experience in Kafka technology a MUST
- Solid grasp of Java
- A track record of delivering high-quality scalable solutions for extremely large datasets
- Experience designing event-based services and streaming processing
- Deep understanding of cloud computing--AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Strong understanding of container and container orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills to interact, lead, and collaborate with other Engineering teams, Product Management, customers, and at community events and trade shows
- Strong understanding of distributed systems programming
- Strong experience developing high quality APIs for end customers as well as internal developers
- Comfortable with a fast pace environment with competing priorities and ability to remain focused and confident.