Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
Monday-Friday: 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Where is the physical work office located?
40 North Pearl Street, Albany, NY, 12207
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The mission of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) is to enhance the well-being of New Yorkers by transforming health and human service delivery through coordinated business practices, modernized technology, and strategic partnerships.
- IES will provide eligibility, enrollment, case management, and payment functionality for Health and Human Service programs currently served by the Welfare Management System, Benefits Issuance Control System and other state systems.
- IES will build on the successful opening of the New York State of Health (NYSoH) by leveraging assets created for the health benefit exchange to modernize the eligibility system for health and human service programs.
- Under the Direction of the IES Technical Deputy Director, Software Architect is responsible for systems architecture, application architecture, and other related deliverables within the IES Program.
- Duties include but are not limited to: -oversee and provide technical advice, guidance and support for IES projects.
- Design of system and application architecture for the IES projects adhering to various reference architectures provided.
- Collaborate with various technical resources on continuous assessment of existing solutions for reuse on IES.
- Collaborate with ITS Chief Technology Office in setting technical standards & frameworks for the IES projects to align withenterprise standards.
- Collaborate with Data Architect to build and maintain reference model architecture and standards for communicating the direction of information architecture.
- Liaison with business/program stakeholders for systems architecture and strategy.
- Participate in technical discussions with state, local and vendor implementation teams and technical deliverables to ensure alignment between proposed solutions and the program's standards.
- Present findings and recommendations to IES leadership to ensure alignment of technology across workstreams and escalate technical issues appropriately.
- Minimum of 84 months providing architectural design, development, and deployment of software systems.
- Minimum of 48 months designing system and application architecture of an eligibility and enrollment, case management, financial management, or claims system.
- Minimum of 48 months working or collaborating with government IT office in implementing mission-critical systems for government or program.
- Minimum of 24 months experience in evaluating software products to realize the system architecture such as Business Process Management, Rules Engine, Notification system, Portal.
- Minimum of 48 months experience with design & development of frameworks, reusable components and shared services using JEE technology.
- Minimum of 24 months experiences working with and presenting to senior public sector executives on project steering committees or in sponsorship roles on project decision making.
- Bachelor's in computer science, or information systems.
- Participates in an in-person interview.