Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
8-hour workdays between the hours of 7:30 am and 6 pm.
Where is the physical work office located?
ITS/Office of Mental Health 44 Holland Avenue Albany, NY 12229
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Provide technical architecture for the NIMRS Rewrite project, which must integrate with the Justice Center's VPCR application and incorporate all incident management business processes. The NIMRS rewrite will be housed at the CNSE data centre, and will be written using C#, .Net, MVC, PL/SQL, Angular and various other programming tools.
- Provide technical architecture for the MHARS Enhancements and Transformation (MET) project. This is a Severity 1 application that feeds several other significant applications at OMH that may also interface to other agencies. This application will be written using C#, .Net Core, MVC, Angular, PL/SQL and other programming tools.
- Daily Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop technical architecture for the NIMRS Rewrite and MET Projects.
- Participate in business analysis and systems development lifecycle.
- Prepare scripts to create and modify existing Oracle tables, create indexes, constraints, triggers, views, etc., code stored procedures and packages, convert and migrate data when necessary.
- Data manipulation, including manipulation of Protected Health Information data.
- Mentor and assist other programmers, both state and consultant, providing guidance for debugging, troubleshooting, securing and deploying applications, data access, data communications and system architecture configurations.
- Use a source code repository TFS for checking source code in and out, branching off new versions of the source code.
- Diagnose and debug production issues reported via ITSM. Escalate critical calls as necessary and join bridge calls to assist in diagnosis.
- Code applications that access Protected Health Information.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various rules, calculations, and data issues on application reports using Crystal Reports.
- 84+ Months Experience as a lead technical architect on technical projects performing systems architecture, engineering, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance and security procedures.
- 84+ Months Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop complex n-tier web browser-basedapplications in ASP.Net/MVC and/or C# for n-tier web deployment.
- 84+ Months Demonstrated work experience using PL/SQL to develop Oracle packages, triggers, stored procedures, functions, scripts and cursors.
- 84+ Months Experience creating formal Technical Architecture documentation based on system requirements and interpreting and analyzing business requirements and building the logic within an application's code to meet those requirements
- 84+ Months Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) application integration including the development of secure .Net web-services using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), REST Services (Web API), message processing and Enterprise Service Bus.
- 60 months Experience designing and working with Crystal Reports 10 or higher and invoking them from VB6, C#, .NET applications
- 24 Months Experience with developing and maintaining applications using .Net Core.
- 24 Months Experience using Angular 4 or higher with NgRx.
- 24 Months Experience coding and maintaining applications which contain Health Care data that fall under HIPAA Protected Health Information (PHI) along with HL7 Transformation.