Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
Where is the physical work office located?
WA Harriman Campus, Albany, NY, 12227
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The NYS e-MPIRE Tax Processing System is a large multi-tiered, very complex processing system which is responsible for billions in state revenue. Some of the most complex taxes are processed in this system. The taxes are below.
- Personal Income
- Sales Tax
- The selected candidate will be responsible for all phases of the System Development Life Cycle for a multi-tiered complex processing system. The responsibilities will include both new development as well as maintenance tasks. Specific tasks willinclude
- Responsible for leading the technical design for new
- development and system enhancements.
- Responsible for coordinating the technical solutions among
- various technical support groups.
- Responsible for making changes in multiple systems in real
- time to enable changes requested by the legislature.
- Presentations of technical solutions to management and
- technical support areas.
- Responsible for implementing technical solutions.
- Leading requirements gathering sessions.
- Leading the analysis of requirements and system design work.
- Development of technical design documents and program specifications.
- Coding, unit and integration testing of programming
- Writing and tuning SQL
- Technical Support for user testing efforts.
- Performance tuning of new and existing applications.
- Production support tasks including analysis of the issue,
- propose and implement solutions.
- Mentoring of less experienced staff would be required
- 84 months of experience with a government taxation/budget organization, which includes business knowledge, technical design, development, maintenance and end-user support of complex Tax Return processing.
- 84 months of experience in Design, Development and Management of Business Rules Architecture System involving Rules entry UI system invoking portable Runtime Engine System deployable in WPS server that can also execute as a standalone desktop application interacting with WAS server
- 48 months of experience in design and development of customizable self-service systems integrating with Business Rule Management System IBM ODM (Operational Decision Manager) and Predictive Analytics IBM SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) that are deployed on IBM BPM (Business Process Manager)
- 60 months of experience in the design and development of SOA/SDO components and BPEL processes using IBM WebSphere Integration Developer that are built and deployed on WebSphere Process Server/Business Process Manager
- 84 months of experience in performance tuning applications interacting with large scale databases such as DB2 and Sybase
- 84 months of experience in IBM DB2 Data Modeling, creating logical data models, working with databases and experience withXML schemas (definition and automated generation)
- 84 months of experience with IBM EAD4J and JADE frameworks to develop applications
- 84 months of experience in system analysis and design experience for multi-tiered transactional systems and writing technical design specification documents for multifaceted component based systems