Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
Where is the physical work office located?
W.A. Harriman State Office Campus, Albany, NY, 12227
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The Audit Modernization Project is a multi-year project which involves replacing multiple existing complex Audit Systems. These systems are responsible for $3.4 billion in collections each year. The second release of the project is in progress.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for all phases of the System Development Life Cycle for a multi-tiered complex system. The responsibilities will include both new development as well as maintenance tasks. Specific tasks will be included:
- Analysis of requirements and system design work.
- Presentations of system designs to the users and technical communities.
- Development of detailed design documents and program specifications.
- Coding, unit and integration testing of programming assignments.
- Writing and tuning SQL
- Technical Support for user testing efforts.
- Performance tuning of new and existing applications.
- Production support tasks including analysis of issues, propose and implement solutions.
- Mentoring of less experienced staff would be required.
- At least 84 months experience with a Government Taxation organization which includes technical design, development, maintenance and end-user support of tax systems.
- At least 84 months of Websphere Integration Developer (WID) that are built with Websphere Process Server (WPS). Experience designing and implementing applications using BPEL Processes, State Machines and SCA/SDO components.
- At least 84 months experience with Java programming in an IBM Environment development using IDE of IBM's Rational Application Developer (RAD) that are built with Websphere Application Server ( WAS)
- At least 84 months of IBM DB2 experience working with DB2 databases and with XML schemas (definition, querying and automated generation).
- At least 84 months of IBM MQSeries experience
- At least 84 months of system analysis and design experience for multi-tiered transactional systems
- At least 84 months of experience writing technical design specification documents for multifaceted component-based system
- At least 84 months experience in performance tuning applications interacting with large scale databases (greater than 100 database objects).