Mythic's platform delivers the power of a desktop GPU in a single low-power chip, supporting inference for large deep neural networks. Mythic's technology is based upon an entirely new hybrid digital/analog flash calculation using 8-bit non-volatile memory arrays which has been under development since 2012. This step change in performance brings in a range of new applications in a broad array of verticals, including safety and security, autonomous vehicles, VR/AR, robotics and media.
Mythic is a fast-growing company with 100+ employees, $91M in funding from top tier investors, and $M's in NRE revenue from existing customer accounts. Mythic's investors include Softbank, Threshold Ventures, Lux Capital, and Data Collective.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Software Architect to join the Mythic Software team. Our software teams are developing a full stack of machine learning tools, from firmware and drivers to compilers and AI training with machine learning frameworks. The Software Integration team works with component software teams to pull the components together and create a cohesive and user friendly toolchain. In this role as Software Architect, you will work closely with all of the component software teams and the business product development team to define interfaces and implement clear and efficient workflows through the full software stack. If you are passionate about helping to design great software, and want to work with a deeply technical and enthusiastic team, we would love to talk with you.
This role is not location specific. However, candidates will be expected to keeping working hours in line with either Pacific or Central Time.
Here's what you will do:
- Work closely with business product development team and key customers to understand customer requirements
- Develop or refine workflows to meet customer and internal engineering requirements
- Work closely with component engineering teams to define interfaces and improve user experience
- Work with SQA, build, test and release teams and flows to ensure software product quality, reliability and maintainability
- Research ways to use existing open source and commercial tools and platforms to accelerate development
- Build prototypes, design studies and proof-of-concepts of new features and designs
Here's the background we hope you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture definition or technical leadership roles, preferably across diverse applications
- Strong understanding of C++ and familiarity with modern C++ (C++11 or newer)
- Experience in deploying Python-based data products - numerical libraries, data serialization and archival, OS/system/process management, repository and package management
- Experience translating product requirements/user experiences into engineering specifications, design studies, prototypes, and agile-ready (e.g. Jira epics and ticket) level team execution
- Experience working with multiple teams and individuals across the organization, including product and BD, engineering leads to individual ICs of varying experience levels
- Experience developing user oriented applications, including UI design (e.g. command line interfaces, basic graphical interfaces) and UX definition (e.g. workflow for different use cases and users)
- Experience working with engineering leads to meet aggressive software production requirements and schedules
The following would be nice to have, but is not required:
- Experience with machine learning frameworks or tools (such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, ONNX, etc)
- Familiarity with cloud service provider APIs and services (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, Azure) and developing cloud-integrated solutions
- Familiarity with CI Tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Nomad) and deployment
- Familiarity with embedded systems development (e.g. experience with embedded systems toolchains, IDEs, driver and firmware development)
At Mythic, we pride ourselves in creating a culture where all employees feel valued and appreciated for the diverse perspectives and backgrounds they bring to the team. We aim to hire smart people, give them the resources they need to do their job well, and then leave the rest up to them. We celebrate individual differences and encourage people to be comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. At the end of the day, we are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone belongs.
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!