Crestron Electronics has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer who will also lead projects. This is a great time to join a dynamic team in a fast growing organization.
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Senior Software Engineer to support the Software Products and Enterprise Solutions Department within Engineering. In this role, you will help us to architect, build and enhance our cloud platform with new features for our customers. You will drives multi discipline projects. You must be creative, thrive on solving problems, and should motivate and lead people. You will be a senior level technical contributor as well as an effective leader of a cross discipline development team. You will coordinate and monitor all aspects of the product development lifecycle across multiple technology platforms and disciplines. You will also provide technical support and mentoring to project team members.
- Analyze product requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Provide technical leadership to assigned product to ensure architectural (Diagram of Components/Modules and Communication paths) and functional specification correctness
- Coordinate activities with Discipline Leads and engineers to create Module/Unit and Interface specification, implementation, integration and testing of product
- Contribute to the development activities such as architecture & design, project estimates, scheduling, integration planning and deliverables.
- Main point of contact with vendors/partners on technical matters. Ensure coordination of project dependencies and perform code reviews of software deliverables.
- Consult with other team members to evaluate both the integration between hardware and software and the operational and performance requirements of overall systems
- Review test plans to ensure they cover all product requirements
- Lead the Firmware/Software integration phase by developing swim lane integration plan, and complete definition of integration entry criteria. Pull team together when necessary to improve team communications and ensure efficient problem solving and smooth integration cycle
- Resolve technical issues and technical differences between technical team members. Escalates to directors when necessary.
- Work with the Discipline Leads to ensure that each bug is assigned to the proper team and engineer
- Work with Tech Manager to prioritize product backlog
- Manage technical risks, reports regularly on risks and mitigation steps to the Project Manager and directors
- Provide ongoing feedback from previous lessons learned and guidance to improve project team performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 8+ years of experience in architecting and building enterprise scale systems.
- Strong experience architecting and building multi-tenant PaaS cloud solutions the with the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Strong experience with cloud software design patterns (micro services, messaging, distributed caching, etc.)
- Strong experience setting project vision/scope, building the team to deliver, and overseeing delivery.
- Strong experience building product delivery schedules and roadmaps.
- Proven track record of successfully adopting new technology at an enterprise-wide level.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven record of accomplishment of presenting to executive-level leadership.
- Strong experience leading a technical project teams with the ability to lead people, provide direction, and set clear objectives.
- Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies and have applied them on a Scrum team.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Azure ARM, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Strong experience in programmatically configuring Windows or Linux servers and services for cloud-based deployments.
- Experience designing and running a practical release management process for a product team.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills and good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Experience with Azure technologies is required: IoT Hub, Event Hub, Service Bus, Micro Services, Service Fabric, Web sites, Web roles, Worker roles, Distributed Cache, Document DB, HD Insight etc.
Job ID 2017-4961