SUMMARY: Successful candidates will need to have a solid background and experience developing software using Azure cloud services. This person will be relied upon as a subject matter expert of technology, its capabilities and best practices. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be technical expert for product owners and the software development staff, sought after for technical expertise and guidance for the most complex and advanced technology content to fulfill alignment between business and technology strategy, and to provide optimal technology functioning for the business
- Facilitate architectural guidance and advice to ensure all aspects of development process (technical designs, solutions, planning, implementation) meet architectural guidelines, minimize costs, are built in a speed-to-market manner, align with the future technology strategy, and are adaptable to future technology solutions.
- Perform analysis for technical planning, and technology formation to continuously meet the needs of the business, creating comprehensive technology formulation across L3 Mobile Vision, including but not limited to cost – benefit analysis, technical components research and comparison
- Evaluate and recommend software tools to be used for development
- Compose UML diagrams as needed for both product owners and developers
- Articulate and manage tasks using JIRA software
- Design class structures that maximize code reuse and flexibility.
- Develop complex user interface (UI) elements following modern UI standards and best practices
- Take direction from the Software Development Manager.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
BS in Computer Science or related technical field and/or combination of education and work experience. EXPERIENCE:
- 10 or more years in Object Oriented Programming, Analysis and Design
- 5 or more years in software architecture design
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT & OTHER:
- Experience with cloud computing using Azure, creating SOAP/REST connectors/services, Angular 2, JSON, XML, HTML
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent, and conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills in English – both written and oral – and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical IT stakeholders
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Experience using source control software and bug tracking tools
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on delivering quality products.