The Software Architect collaborates with teams consisting of developers, testers and business analysts providing technical guidance and leadership on the solution to be delivered. Perform as a key member of the development team and be responsible for delivering the solution. Ensure all development meets the required standards and follows industry best practice. Demonstrate exceptional leadership and innovation and will have experience in developing and deploying native cloud based solutions. Help instill the strategic vision, fundamentals, and best practices necessary for creating world-class real time transactional systems.
Must have a good understanding of supply chain execution systems and the industry and application domain of customer and user needs. Contribute to the technical product vision for new features and products.
- Define the vision for and implement solutions related to creating the Digital Warehouse of the future with particular emphasis on automating the warehouse.
- Design and develop high performing, scalable and testable solutions for handling real-time transaction processing from requirements, working with other team members.
- Communicate designs and solutions to other members of the development team as well as senior management to obtain buy in for the proposed solution as well as raise awareness of potential risks.
- Keep abreast of the new industry trends and analyze how they can be applied to the current delivery project.
- You will drive the acceptance of new technologies and processes, interacting with both product and platform teams.
- You will participate in or lead code reviews: verify maintainability, extensibility and assure complexity has been minimized.
- You will help maintain a collaborative, supportive, and fun environment to bring out the best work in those around you.
- Respond to queries from internal and external sources (within project team or across project teams, services teams).
- Identify and develop next level architects and senior developers for succession planning within the product.
- Lead a small team of developers.
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 6 years experience in a supply chain environment
- Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of server-side frameworks (SpringBoot, Hibernate or similar)
- Practical experience defining and developing APIs
- Practical experience developing native cloud based, multi-tenant applications and microservices in Azure, AWS, GCP or Bluemix
- Knowledge of the supply chain industry
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Gradle, Puppet, Ansible, MongoDB, gRPC
- Familiarity with infrastructure as Code configuration Management, and continuous integration/continuous delivery tools such as Jenkins and Groovy
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP or Bluemix
- Practical experience of integration tools such as Mulesoft and Apache Camel
- Familiarity with emerging technologies such as Machine Learning, AI, Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis and Kafka
- Have led a small team (<10) developers in delivering quality software
Location: Irving, TX
Salary: to $140K + bonus