As a Software Architect for Inseego DMS, you will join a fast-growing company pioneering the future of 5G, IoT, and the cloud services that power them. You will work with a talented team of Product Managers, Designers, and Developers to ignite the IoT and mobile economy by reinventing how large organizations purchase and manage their cellular and IoT services.
If you are the technical expert that all engineers at your company turn to for design and architecture expertise for all things cloud then we have an exciting opportunity full of complex technical problems awaiting you.
You will help our technical team design a suite of next generation, high quality, highly responsive, scalable web applications. You will collaborate with senior members of the engineering team to create innovative solutions to our customer and business problems.
As a leader in the team, you will be expected to lead and drive technical roadmaps; you will oversee and analyze key systems architectures and trade-offs.
- Provide high level design for complex new DMS features or products.
- Provide leadership and act as an advisor for determining technical objectives for user requirements and specifications within the broader organization.
- Manage and maintain a world-class architecture for performance and scale, working closely with operations and engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain the overall system architecture for the DMS SaaS solution.
- Provide sizing for projects as part of the backlog grooming effort and for conceptual planning.
- Establish a collaborative, effective approach to identifying and resolving issues.
- Work on R&D activities which require researching of new features and performing feasibility studies.
- Recommend new technology make / buy decisions.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Communicate successfully appropriate software design concepts and guidelines to development team, business team and other stakeholders.
- 10+ years working experience in the software development industry.
- 2+ years software development, database usage, and data architecture
- 2+ years of emerging web technologies
- Preferred Qualifications:Have architected and built highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services.
- Experience in the design, development and rapid prototyping of web solutions with iterative refinement based on feedback from customers/users. Strong attention to detail with project and process management skillset and experience.
- Understanding of emerging web technologies.
- Deep knowledge of Software Development, including software life cycle, development procedures and practices, and experience with system design and development using multiple technologies.
- Hands - on experience with software development, database usage and data architecture, requirements gathering and software documentation.
- The ability to quickly research and understand new, competing or unfamiliar technologies and consider their possible uses, including pros and cons within the design of the system.
- Demonstrated the ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Education:BS, Computer Science or similar, MS preferred, or equivalent work experience