About the Data Team
The GSN Data team provides the data, analytics, and algorithms necessary to make GSN Games a fun and rich experience for players. We are building a next generation data platform and analytics suite to support the nearly one billion records a day coming from our portfolio of gaming apps, databases, supporting web services, third party APIs, and everything in between.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the GSN Data team (based in Barcelona and San Francisco) on key data initiatives for the company. This includes all aspects of data delivery and consumption - from ingestion and pipelining through ETL, as well as our data tools.
- Participate in design, implementation, and deploying of full pipelines utilizing AWS data technologies (AWS Kinesis/Lambdas, Fargate, etc.)
- Participate in design, implementation, and deploying of tools commonly used with Big Data such as AB Testing, Targeting and CRM tools
- Provide input and direction on roadmapping, designing and supporting large-scale data initiatives and products.
- 7-10 years of experience in software development
- Strong proficiency in Java
- Exceptional experience and proficiency with Python
- Experience working on applications using SOA, REST design principles in a scalable architectures and environment
- Experience with AWS tech stack & systems, with full life cycle of data tools and deployment in the Cloud
- At least 5 years experience with data platform initiatives in a large-scale environment
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with Unity a plus
- Previous experience with Vertica
- You have experience in the gaming industry