- Act independently as a top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programs intended to roll out high volume, high transaction based web applications
- Initiate, drive and deliver effective experiences in partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the architectural vision are communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards
- Work as an architecture lead on large cross-functional projects
- Track development deliverables and communicate their status to global teams
- Estimate engineering effort during various stages of project life cycle
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all new code
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
- Coach, guide and mentor 2-4 lead developers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
- Be responsible for end to end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards in terms of code quality and efficiency
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs
The next great EA Applications Architect needs:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experiencerequired
- 10+ years of experience working in Java, and other Java based open source technologies like Apache foundation.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and deploying high volume, high transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to architect web on cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Proven track record of leading technical teams in delivering web technologyarchitecture, design and implementation.
- Strong Understanding of Full stack moderntechnologies from UI layer to middleware and DB layer in great detail.
- Good understanding of modern distributed architecture and development frameworks (such as SOA, Lambda, Microservices) for scalable and very fast applications
- Excellent understanding of design patterns.
- Experience with Databases including, Oracle and MySQL, including writing SQL Queries
- Hands on coding experience
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Sense of humor