Position at Dealer Specialties
Dealer Specialties, a division of Dominion Enterprises, is hiring a Software Architect. This is a fully remote position, applicants must be located within the continental United States.
Dealer Specialties' robust suite of inventory products and services enables automotive dealers to take complete control of their inventory, from state-of-the-art photo, video, and inspection services, data collection, window labels, and online merchandising, to inventory pricing, and sourcing. Today’s automotive dealerships enjoy complete inventory management with Dealer Specialties. At Dealer Specialties, you will enjoy a relaxed, inclusive environment, where your hard work, dedication, and creativity are all recognized.
- Responsible for providing senior level expertise on decisions and priorities related to the architecture of the company’s applications and systems.
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems and applications across the company.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the company’s architecture needs. Assess new and emerging technologies like containers, API management, CI/CD, developer tools and utilize that knowledge to improve the current deployment, increase scalability and adoption rates.
- Develops prototypes and POC for new and upcoming solutions and functionality.
- Provides technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
- Assist with design and code reviews.
- Works with QA to optimize testing techniques.
- Creates opportunities for the team to develop, share expertise and grow by facilitating learning events, large team retrospectives, and other avenues that encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- A passion for staying current in development technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to clearly and effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable analytical skills, including both inductive and deductive reasoning
- Advanced technical expertise and 5 or more years practical experience in
- .NET framework (4.0 or later)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced technical expertise and 3 or more years practical experience in
- Creating native desktop applications using Windows Forms, WPF or UWP
- ASP.NET Web API (2 or later)
- HTML5 and CSS3
- 1 or more years practical experience in
- Cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
- Building containerized solutions using microservices architecture
- Handling automated deployment CI/CD tools
- Nice to haves
- .NET core
- 12-factor app methodology
- Mobile application development
- Automation testing
- Proven track record to analyze, organize, and integrate large amounts of complex information into clear, concise plans and presentations
- Positive and professional attitude with a willingness to “jump in” whenever necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and 10+ years of work experience in applicable field, OR
Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and 8+ years of work experience in applicable field, OR
Outstanding self-taught individuals with significant relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience as a software architect
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
What We Offer
- Remote work available
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA. Coverage starts on the first day of the following month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) matching up to 4% after one year of employment
- Paid vacation, company holidays, and sick leave
- Corporate discount opportunities