The Product Development Software Team is responsible for best in class Automated Distribution and Wireless Communication products for improving the Smart Electric Grid’s resiliency and reliability. Software Architects report to the Sr Manager of System & Software Architecture, and work in a department that is chartered to refine requirements and architecture for intelligent embedded software devices, system applications, and accompanying communication subsystems. The Software Architect (Cybersecurity) is responsible for all activities carried out in support of maintaining a secure computing environment for S&C team members, suppliers, and customers.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define software requirements and architecture of secure products in line with S&C’s secure product development requirements.
- Assist with and provide recommendations on implementing cyber security strategies, conducting reviews of existing technologies and systems cyber security implementation
- Ability to collaborate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment, as part of a self-sufficient independent contributor and potential project lead in a team of System and Product Architects
- Analyze and track cyber security trends and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with Cybersecurity Product Management, Software Engineering and Test teams on product and solutions roadmaps, engineering estimations, and tactical project execution related to product security
- Decompose marketing requirements into authored system level requirements and architectural artifacts
- Oversee and review the traceability from system level requirements and architectural abstractions to individual network element requirements and detailed architecture descriptions
- Definition of high-level field deployment guidelines used by field service teams
- Drive or participate in unique customer specific solutions
- Take a hands-on approach (down to the software code level as necessary) with the product implementations to define and deliver appropriate requirements and architectural solutions
- Have a strong and proven leadership ability
- Collaborate with Engineering (hardware, electronic, software development & test) to deliver reliable, mission critical solutions and products
- Participate in and occasionally lead the frontend of the development process of a project through implementation of S&C Product Development processes and monitoring adherence through various milestones gates
- Develop, document, and communicate relevant cyber security policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and lead continuous improvement efforts to ensure continuous quality and customer satisfaction improvement.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent, an MS or higher degree preferred
- Ten or more years as a system or product level architect with five or more years working in the cybersecurity area
- Understanding of security architecture for infrastructure components as well as applications and data.
- Understanding of security technologies and security threats
- Understanding of security protocols such as HTTPS, TLS, SSL, SSH, PKI, IPSEC, VPN and their interactions
- Understanding of Cloud and SAAS Cybersecurity
- Ability to run and configure cybersecurity testing tools like Dependency Track, Dependency Check and analyze the results.
- Understanding of NIST and NERC CIP cybersecurity framework
- Experience of cybersecurity vulnerability monitoring and related tools
- Experience with real-time embedded software for intelligent devices and Windows application software development.
- Experience with proprietary and standards-based control system protocol design
- Definition of network element software architecture
- COTS software integration including third-party platforms and operating systems
- Internet Protocol v4,v6, Network routing implementations, Network protocols
- Linux, Android, and iOS operating systems is a PLUS
- Security Certifications CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CEH etc. are desirable
- Detail-oriented and logical thinker with strong analytical skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 5% potential travel per year