We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Join our cyber security research and consulting group located in Princeton, NJ, to engineer security solutions and generate research results to support our internal customers to create comprehensive security architectures and secure solutions and services. In this role, you will work closely with product and solution developers in the Siemens business units, expert Software Architects and Cyber Security Experts in the role of security domain expert to design and develop new and more secure products, solutions, and services, starting at the design and architecture level. You will have the opportunity to work with industrial applications and Siemens products and solutions, in domains such as control systems used in energy utilities that are part of the nation’s critical infrastructure, smart factories, building automation systems, intelligent transportation systems, and innovative new products and solutions developed by Siemens. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provides the opportunity to contribute to and gain experience in real industrial applications. What will be my responsibilities?
- Your task will be to specify, architect, and design features and solutions that mitigate cyber security risks and ensure long-term and state-of-the-art security strategies for Siemens products, solutions, and services. While not being restricted to one single focus area, a significant number of projects will focus on secure cloud deployments, and industrial control systems / Operation Technology.
- In this role you will be an individual contributor and/or (sub-) project manager in development projects and research projects (including Government funded research), that will focus on early assessment of security requirements, analysis of best and state-of-the-art solutions and features, as well as working with developers to integrate these security features into an overall design and (software) architecture.
- You will be able to consult and coach developers, system designers, and system architects, as well as other stakeholders throughout the business on state-of-the-art approaches and methods to build more secure products, from requirements engineering to testing and operations.
- Contribute to research projects (including Government funded projects) that explore, innovate on, and develop new approaches and methods, or extend known approaches to new realms of the Siemens business scope in the area of designing and architecting secure systems.
- You will have the opportunity to work with Siemens-internal customers to identify new opportunities for innovation and value-delivery, and set up joint development and research projects.
What do I need to qualify for this position?
- M.S. in Computer Science, Information Security, Mathematics, or other relevant field required, PhD preferred
- 7+ years of experience as a software/solution architect/designer; relevant experience in cloud-based architectures preferred
- 5+ years of experience in (cyber) security architecture
- Excellent up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge & experience in current attack methods and in approaches to mitigate cyber security risk for complex systems and solutions (e.g., IAM, PKI, etc); expertise in industrial security / OT security a plus
- Proficiency in an object-oriented language and system specification; additional expertise in a scripting language like Python, PowerShell, LUA, or Bash a plus
- Problem solver who sees a roadblock and figures out how to get around it with a strong hands-on and can-do attitude.
- Willingness to travel, up to 20% (domestic/international)
- Strong communication skills in English; German a plus.
- Strong project management skills; relevant certifications a plus.
Requisition Number: 218191