Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Software Architect - Core Services, who will jump right into hands-on development. The team member will be designing and implementing Cloud Native RESTful APIs used by our websites, native mobile apps, and partners consuming internal and external services. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving complex business problems by delivering simple, robust and maintainable solutions using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Lead back-end development efforts in building a robust ecommerce platform within the scrum team.
- Rapidly design and implement RESTful APIs using proven design principles by discovering and understanding internal and external sources meeting the scalability, availability and performance requirements.
- Technical deep dives to solve complex business problems.
- Understand security vulnerabilities, attacks and ability to apply/implement appropriate controls or find new ones based on new technology being developed.
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum, test driven development environment.
- 7+ years of experience in building back-end systems.
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable RESTful APIs.
- Strong Java foundational knowledge.
- Experience in building distributed systems.
- Experience in a variety of technologies including, RDBMS, NoSQL, Messaging and streaming platforms like Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Expert in using data structures and algorithms.
- Strong understanding of Microservices architectures.
- Experience with technologies used for service registry like Zookeeper, Eureka etc.
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed systems.
- Exposure to reactive programming (RX, Reactive Streams, Akka etc) is a plus.
- Experience with distributed caching frameworks such as Redis, Hazelcast etc.
- Experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes and Swarm.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery using modern DevOps tools.
- Expert in using cloud platforms like AWS or Azure.
- Highly motivated, curious, capable and a lifetime learner.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field and 8years of related work experience.