About the Role:
The Software Architect position will be working with the product and software engineering team to ensure different customer solutions are designed, architected, documented and implemented according to medical device design and development requirements from regulatory bodies. These solutions include mobile, web, and web services that leverage the capabilities of the BrightInsight platform. The BrightInsight platform is a medical IoT, cloud-based platform for the life science industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
- Intense curiosity on technology
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Lead design, architecture, and development of software-based medical devices. Activities will encompass all facets and phases of software design and development, test and life cycle management, meeting all regulatory, quality, data privacy, and cybersecurity standards to realize complex, high-performing, and reliable software solutions.
- Collaborate with thesystems engineering and product teams to understand and define customer products use cases and convert these use cases into software requirements and architecture and design implementations.
- Own and lead the software engineering team throughout the software development life-cycle, including sub-system architecture and design specifications, code review, unit and integration testing, software FMEA, performance analysis, reliability analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Ensure traceability of software requirements into software architectureand design specifications all the way down to base software units.
- Provide support for accurate and complete software verification and validation at the system and unit levels
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience
- 7+ years of experience in software medical device development classified as Class 2 and/or Class 3 medical device
- Demonstrated applied expertise in FDA design control requirements (21 CFR 820.30) as applied to medical device software and medical device regulations including ISO 13485, ISO 14971, Cybersecurity, IEC 62366, and IEC 62304
- Demonstrated applied expertise in writing architecture and design specifications for Class 2 and/or Class 3 software-based medical device software with compliance to IEC 62304
- Experience in working in an environment following Agile methodology
- Demonstrated applied expertise with Software FMEA process
- Familiarity with SaMD development
- Experience leading nearshore and/or offshore development partners
- Familiarity with health and data privacy regulations
What We Value:
At our core, we value partnership. We are strategic partners to our customers, and we partner together every day to achieve our vision of transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
- Passion about transforming care and patient outcomes
- Accountability to one another, our valued customers and our mission-critical projects
- Respect for one another, our customers and the data that we manage
- Trust in each other and display integrity in everything we do
- Nimble and agile in our work, but without short cuts
- Excellence in the products we deliver and people we hire
- Real world impact – we aim to positively impact healthcare globally by executing every day on our mission of accelerating digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Full range of medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401K match
- Life insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (US)
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.