We are looking for a Software Architect with a primary focus on back-end platforms to join us in designing and delivering forward-thinking applications to improve our users' ability to save money and enhance their shopping experience. You will help ensure that as an engineering organization we are implementing a maintainable platform that balances scalability, performance, and reliability. You will work closely with our software engineers, product teams, and business teams to create a winning platform.
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to improve maintainability and speed to market for application features.
- Provides technological and software design leadership for our development teams.
- Helps advance our engineers’ understanding of design and development of best practices.
- Evaluates and recommends tools, technologies, processes and methodologies to produce a high-quality solution.
- Translates business requirements into effective technology solutions that meet our business needs efficiently.
- Documents and communicates technology direction to both engineers and the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has a track record of success in designing and building web services or web applications in a high scale, high-performance environment.
- Is proficient in and successfully implemented many of these software development best practices: design patterns, automated testing, continuous deployment, monitorability and other software development best practices.
- Is familiar with and capable of working in a LAMP stack.
- Has experience successfully identifying and resolving performance issues across a full-stack.
- Communicates effectively with both technical and business team members in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Can rapidly assess multiple solutions for a problem and articulating the pros and cons of each solution
- Has experience mentoring, training, and providing technical leadership to software developers.
- Will lead from the front when necessary but understands when to fall back and let the rest of the team take over ownership of a project.
- Familiarity and experience in Domain Driven Design
- Experience in scaling for a high traffic web / services environment
- Microservices Implementation and Deployment
- History of open source contributions