With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We’re currently looking for a Software Architect - Autonomous Systems to join our team in Sunnyvale, CA.
This role will be responsible for overall software architecture for autonomous vehicles and development of software and algorithms for autonomous driving.
Job functions Include but are not limited to:
- Work with world-class experts in the field of autonomous vehicles and robotics.
- Responsible for overall software architecture and implementation for autonomous vehicles.
- Development of software algorithms for autonomous driving.
- Robotics along with relevant technologies to define research topics and develop research proposals to advance technology in critical new directions.
- Implement research using the entire vehicle testing on public roads and have an impact on society.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics or related field, or MS with appropriate experience.
- Must have a passion for Robotics, AI and Deep Learning.
- Experience developing robotic systems using ROS middleware (or similar, such as DDS) and multi- process software systems; C++ and Linux mastery development toolchain.
- Earlier publication experience in well-known journals, computer science or AI conferences (e.g. ICRA, IROS, and AAAI) desired.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English with an excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude.