A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
A cross-domain/sub-system architect is responsible for providing leadership of technical activities at the system level for an automotive OEM infotainment development to not only deliver the current program but also help in the future business pursuits. In this position, the engineer will be responsible for initial system design across multiple domains and development of new software or extensive software revisions, defining product requirements and creating high-level architectural specification for multiple domains, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms. The engineer will be responsible for fine tuning the product to meet and exceed the existing competition’s KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Support RFQ activities and customer requirement review process.
- Interpret customer requirements to articulate the technical requirement to be addressed.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to applicable domains.
- Serve as technical specialist for applicable domains.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address customer requirements.
- Review, evaluate domain designs to ensure customer, regulation and certification requirements are all satisfied.
- Co-author for Technical Requirement Specification(TRS), High Level Design(HLD), Component Design Document(CDD).
- Serve as technical interface to other domains, CPM, customer and applicable suppliers. Manage and follow up with technical actions.
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality domain software.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10 plus years automotive experience with experience preference in Infotainment or cellular areas.
- 10 plus years of experience with Infotainment features such as Connectivity, Multimedia, Bluetooth, USB, Navigation, Hands-Free.
- Proven technical leadership.
- Experience working in the technology industry or automotive industry
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business.
- Experience with analyzing CAN.
- Good Knowledge of LINUX (Kernel, Drivers, Debugging), QNX.
- Knowledge of software development processes including CMMI and ASPICE models.
- Knowledge of software planning methods and the ability to use them effectively.
- Good Knowledge of automotive Interfaces (Ethernet, USB, PCIe, SDIO)
- Good Knowledge of automotive software protocols (TCPIP, AVB, USB-Profiles)
- Knowledge of Hardware Debugging in OS-Context (Lauterbach Debugger with LINUX OS)
- Good Knowledge of automotive Interfaces (Ethernet, I2C, SPI, SDIO, MOST)
- Experience developing and debugging C/C++ software on Linux/QNX user space applications (debugging via GDB)
- Experience developing and debugging C/C++ software on Linux/QNX kernel modules (debugging via KGDB/JTAG)
- Experience with gcc and makefile based build process
- Experience developing and debugging software in a re.al-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Good understanding of infotainment domains.
- Well organized, meticulous good at understanding the big picture.
- Strong team player with ability to handle multiple projects
- Self-motivated, results driven individual, passionate about technology.