Assist development teams in the appropriate selection and use of technical frameworks, platforms and design patterns
- Development and technology planning – provide guidance in best practice and tool use in the design and build of technical frameworks and the applications built on them
- Architecture and design –implement technical solutions or components of complex solutions and ensure their integrity
- Technical design authority – internally recognized as highly competent in technical areas, will review and participate in benchmarking, installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment and testing activity
- Improve quality – investigate and prototype innovative approaches to improve software quality
- Industry knowledge – familiar with industry changes in technology standards, information management, development standards, methods and emerging 3rd party software in order to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and construction of Allscripts’ software products
Able to support day to day technical control of development projects by
- Assisting Project Management in planning technical aspects of projects
- Providing regular updates on project status
- Supporting and mentoring of individual junior developers
- Performing detailed technical reviews to ensure design components are being correctly implemented
Provide input into the best application of technology to create the next generation of Allscripts’ solutions
- In concert with other architects within Allscripts create a center of expertise and forum for common component design, reuse and exploitation.
- Participate in the definition and documentation of development standards and best practices.
- Provide input in the drive for constantly improving the scalability, extensibility, interoperability, reliability, availability and performance of Allscripts’ software products.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Good Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS or any related
- Must have combined 8+ years of experience in VB/.NET, C# and SQL Server
- Must have 4 years of experience designing and leading implementation of the design of software products; should have 2 years of experience as an Architect or Tech Lead
- Must have 2+ years of experience working with Angular and REST based services
- Must have 2 years of experience with Agile development practices, should have experience leading such practices
- Must have knowledge of industry standard technical frameworks, platforms and design patterns
- Must be energized by developing along with scrum teams as well as investigating new technical designs
- Should have experience with interfacing\messaging (HL7, FHIR)
- Should have experience with distributed architectures
- Should have experience working with IaaS\PaaS in Azure, including Azure SQL
- Should have experience working with customers to resolve complex issues
- Could have been a change agent who has lead an important change to a software product
- Could have healthcare practice management or related industry knowledge
- Up to 25% (Able and willing to travel for occasional short assignments)
- Core hours based on local time zone, but willing to be flexible in work schedule to accommodate various time zones of a global organization.