Harris needs a Software Engineer to perform software design and development for a large program pursuit. The engineer will work on a team to create a distributed application in a networked radio environment. The engineer will participate in an Agile software development process as a Scrum team member, participating in all relevant Scrum activities. The engineer will utilize background documentation to clarify their work, including use cases, requirements, and formal design artifacts. The engineer will conduct and attend peer reviews as needed. Job responsibilities include:
- Developing custom software applications interfacing with Harris military radios.
- Utilizing hardware and platforms including Windows, Linux, PC, commercial routers, switches, voice gateways, and intercoms.
- Creating software and specifications using standard software process including Agile as well as organizational software processes.
- Performing software development functions for teams ranging from 5 to 20 staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering and 1-2 years of software engineeringexperiencerequired.
- Experience and competency in software coding on multiple platforms.
- Experience with: C#, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .NET, Linux, Issue Tracking Software, Source Control Software, Requirement Management, Software Design.
- Object oriented design/development required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with: Java, UML, Design Patterns, JSON, XML, SQL, SVN, Git, DOORS, MagicDraw, Android, WPF, XAML, WinForms, XSLT, LINQ, C, C++, MFC, MVVM, JIRA, Bamboo, NUnit, InstallShield.
- Experience and competency in formal software design, utilizing standard tools and standard approaches.
- Experience and competency in software requirement analysis.
- An understanding of technology in the network management and radio planning technology space, including network planning and IP configuration.
- Experience with Network Management Systems.
- Experience with Frequency Propagation Analysis Systems.
- Experience with Harris radios.
- Experience with Automated Test.
- Experience with Software Processes including Agile and Waterfall.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to effectively interact with their team and external stakeholders.
- Proactive, fast learner.