Cimarron is seeking a Software Applications Acquisition Systems Engineer (Chantilly, VA) to lead the end-to-end planning, implementation, deployment, operation and enhancement of complex software systems in support of Intelligence Community missions.
- Lead development and fielding of automated software capabilities by eliciting, analyzing, developing, managing requirements.
- Perform functional analyses, develop functional/physical designs or architectures, and generate system specification documents.
- Develop test and evaluation plans or procedures, execute test plans and procedures, analyze test data and developing reports.
- Conduct trade studies or structured analyses of alternatives, develop and execute risk management plans, develop and manage interface control documents.
- Conduct technology readiness assessments.
- Lead and participate in Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), including formal and informal design reviews.
- Develop documentation supporting Risk Management Framework ICD 503 process.
- Daily interaction with customers and supporting contractors (technical consultation, meeting coordination & facilitation, and preparation and support to technical briefings).
- Analysis of alternatives.
- Development of strategic options for architecture, acquisition strategy, and implementation solutions.
- Acquisition analysis and support (e.g., proposal evaluation).
- Requirements management.
- Readiness tracking.
- Validation and verification of delivered capabilities.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance with the ability to successfully obtain a polygraph.
- Strong engineering background in development oversight, integration, and fielding of software systems.
- Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD) experience working within Acquisition Offices as Systems.
- Engineering and Technical Assessment (SETA) and/or Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey technical and/or programmatic assessments.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelordegree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience with Agile software development desired. (e.g., Scrum Master, SAFe Agilist).
- Experience with definition and/or development on large scale systems in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associatedesired.
- Certification in Systems Engineering desired (e.g. DAWIA, INCOSE).
- Experience transitioning legacy systems to AWS/C2S optimized applications.
- Experience working with external stakeholders.
- Masters degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.