The Software Application Programmer/Analyst will play a key support role in analyzing, programming, and implementing enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software products. This position will assist in basic formulation of procedures and best practice for users of applications and will serve as a resource in setting priorities and recommending technical direction based on programs, systems, services, resources and available technology. The Software Application Programmer/Analyst will ensure that all assigned duties are performed quickly, efficiently and according to the established departmental and company policies, procedures and goals.
What Will You Do?
- Work with software users to understand their business requirements and develop software customizations to address these requirements.
- Troubleshoot, support and maintain business software primarily the ERP software, middleware and integrated software products (including PLM and CRM systems).
- Coordinate with business users to test software upgrades, new releases and patches as they are provided by application software vendors.
- Develop a basic understanding of Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting, queries and dashboards and be a resource to management for developing new reports, queries and dashboards.
- Participate in the development of new software applications and reporting solutions required by other areas of the company.
- Stay current with IT trends and new product developments.
- Attend IT-related classes deemed necessary by IT management to supplement current IT skills and develop additional knowledge and expertise in IT-related subjects.
- Provide backup and support for other critical IT functions.
- Regularly provide information to the management team regarding company user reactions, comments, or problems that may arise.
- Promote positive company user relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting employees when appropriate.
- Display willingness to make decisions; Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process (specifically Department Managers); Make timely decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University with emphasis in Computer Science, Business, or in lieu of a degree six years' IT experience
- A minimum of 3 years of IT experience
- At least 1 year in as a programmer/analyst, preferred.
- Technical skills and experience in MS SQL/Oracle database applications, .Net or Linux development, web services and middleware.
- Experience with CRM, ERP, or PLM software; Salesforce.com and SAP, preferred.
- Ability to translate business problems into software solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate multiple priorities to deadlines.
- Problem analysis and resolution development at a functional level.
- Ability to provide superior customer service and anticipate customer needs.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company including Finance, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
- ITIL Foundation training required; ITIL Foundation certification desired
- PMBOK Guide training required; PMP certification desired