The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: 1135 Atlantic Ave, CA, Alameda 94501
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 6 to 10 Year.
In this job, you will be focused on assisting S&C Territory Managers and Regional VPs in presenting S&Cs Enterprise and Cloud software product offerings. You will serve as the primary point of contact for both internal software sales discussions as well as for customers requesting information for West/East of the North American region. The primary goal is to sell S&C software and manage customer relationships to reinforce overall S&C hardware and software value propositions. This position will report to the Vice President-U.S. Sales.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recognize the needs of the consumer and provide detailed information to the consumer about the technical specifications of the computer software offered by the company.
- Providing answers to customers' and Sales Representatives’ product and technical inquiries.
- Train sales force on software applications.
- Manage customer accounts in terms of software needs, RFPs, orders, deployment, billing and overall customer satisfaction.
- Work with local sales and sales leadership to identify best prospects from S&C customer list where software would deliver exceptional value.
- Aggressively pursue new sales opportunities until won or closed.
- Work to build customer loyalty on the basis of helpful and responsive communication.
- Represent S&C Electric as a software product expert at tradeshows, industry events, customer visits, and other outbound activities.
- Provide product demos and presentations to prospects at varying levels within their organization including operations, engineering and executive.
- Track customer prospects, their current state, next steps and likelihood of conversion.
- Work with corporate marketing and Product Management to develop promotional strategies and materials.
- Work closely with Product Management to collect and discuss customer needs and feedback.
- Assist Product Support as needed during software deployment and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Previous sales or other direct customer application design experience with electric utility customers, preferably related to software or distribution automation solutions
- Experience within a manufacturing industry a plus.
- Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of sales/marketing techniques related to selling software.
- Demonstrated success in sales and account management/customer service.
- Familiarity/experience with the power industry including distribution automation, SCADA systems, overcurrent protection are a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (presentation, written, verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Relevant Work Experience:
Five years of experience in Sales or Account Management in the software industry, enterprise software a plus.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Some tasks are performed in a standing position.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of items up to 40 pounds.
- Walking: Occasional walking of moderate distances (1 mile) within the S&C complex, customer locations, etc.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of luggage, test equipment, tools, etc. to customer locations.
- Pushing: Occasional use of hand tools that require pushing forces.
- Pulling: Occasional use of hand tools that require pulling forces.
- Bending: Occasional bending or crouching to perform work.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion to perform work.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts, tools, test equipment, etc.
- Environment: Frequent work performed indoors, some outdoors, or in confined spaces.