Join Our Celebration! Are you looking for a work-from-home in Florida career with promotion opportunities in Software Development? Join the ABC Fine Wine & Spirits IT team...our family-owned business has a proven track record of promoting from within. Competitive pay, wellness-based benefits, paid PTO, company discounts, 401K matching investment options, and even Pet Insurance are available for our full-time team members!
Note: This can be a remote work position; candidate must be able to travel occasionally to Orlando for meetings.
New Pay Rate of $100,000 available to the right candidate!
The IT Application Developer is responsible for creating best-in-class applications for ABC. This includes designing systems, defining system integration strategies and creating new applications as well as supporting existing systems. The selected individual will work with other developers ensuring ABC systems integrate based on industry best practices and business needs. This is a fast-paced and dynamic role where the business environment often changes.
- Design complex computer applications requiring in depth knowledge of an organization's operating procedures and information technology capabilities
- Collaborate with business units to set specifications for new applications or updates to existing systems
- Assist other Application Developers as needed
- Plan, design, modify, develop and implement software/programming applications
- Work with business content owners to design and develop software to their specific applications and needs
- Integrate application systems throughout organization
- Implement new systems and modify existing systems to meet the business needs
- Perform testing before implementing program changes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Interpret business requirements and technical specifications
- Create and maintain technical design documentation, including process flow documentation
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Analyze problems and communicate with end users to assess needs and determine optimum solutions
- Identify and help resolve technical issues
- Manage the source code repositories
Minimum Experience, Skills, and Education
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of developer experience
- Experience in designing and building applications
- Experience with interactive and batch programming in an IBMi environment is required. This includes free format RPGLE, CL, DDS, SDA and SQL. (ASP and Java are a plus.)
- Experience in EDI, API and other data integration/transmit technology is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Visio is required
- Experience in asp.net is a plus
- Retail industry IT developer experience is a plus
- Capable of learning new technologies independently
- Able to elicit requirements from end users and business analyst documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment or independently
- Can take project ownership and initiative
- Proven ability to understand a customer's needs
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Candidate can work remotely, but must have the ability to travel occasionally to Orlando
With or Without Accommodations
- May sit or stand at a workstation for up to 8 hours
- Requires visual acuity capable of working for extended periods online
- Must have finger dexterity for computer use
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds of office equipment or supplies
- The work environment is a typical climate-controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Note: this position is a work-at-home role, with some meetings in Orlando required.
Our Mission is: "We make everyday celebrations better while enriching the lives of team members and by contributing to organizations that benefit families in the communities we serve."
Experience our Core Values: Respect, Empower, Inspire!
- Respect our mission, our guests and each other
- Empower each other to make an impact, no matter how small
- Inspire and support our Team Members and the communities they serve
Come join this family-owned, growth-oriented organization today! You will receive outstanding benefits with your compensation, which include:
- PAID VACATION AND PTO
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- ABC UNIVERSITY - GREAT WINE, SPIRITS, BEER, CIGAR TRAINING
- EXCELLENT WELLNESS-BASED HEALTH INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL + FAMILY
- DENTAL AND VISION PLANS
- COMPANY-MATCH 401K PROGRAM
- EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS ON WINE AND SPIRITS
- WELLNESS COACHING WITH NUTRITIONAL EXPERT, DR. CATE
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
- PET INSURANCE
Complete your online application today at www.abcfws.com/careers. We look forward to helping you take the first step towards a successful ABC career!
Equal employment opportunity
ABC is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law ("protected status").
ABC is an alcohol-free, drug-free workplace.