Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Aftermarket Solutions, is a major international force in its specific sector.
CNH industrial, a world leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of broad ranging Agricultural and Construction equipment, has an opening for a Software and Vehicle Control Systems/Mechatronics Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for the research, design, development, and testing of Embedded Electrical, Software, and Electro-Mechanical Systems for Agriculture machines. The successful candidate will also be responsible to create and maintain the related Software and Technical Specifications for assigned products, in accordance with Platform, Safety and Homologation requirements.
The ideal candidate will have had previous experience in delivering complete electronic control systems and/or components to internal and/or external customers. Complete electronic systems comprise electronic hardware and software solutions including customer specific application software.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop Vehicle Embedded System Requirements/Specifications for assigned sub-systems consistent with program and central engineering objectives.
- Design control strategies and algorithms for complex systems (Electro Hydraulic, Driveline, Vehicle).
- Manage the interaction between complex subsystems and their related calibrations, to ensure system performance and robustness is optimized.
- Design, develop, debug and unit test Model Base Software and/or C/C++ source code for embedded controllers while applying best practice and methodologies.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, and diagrams to support problem analysis.
- Contribute to SW and System validation activity and related problem solving.
- Collaborate with Product Platforms, Product Validation, Central Areas (EH, Driveline, Cab, Engine) during all program development phases.
- Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion.
- Design new / improved processes and products for new and existing products Drive the commonality of technical solutions across platforms.
- Conduct design analysis on components, vehicle systems and/or software architectures to verify new Requirements/Specifications can be achieved. This can include investigating HW I/O, wire harnessing, controller software, and mechanical subsystems. This could include defining resource requirements, schedule to meet project objectives, as well as participation in design reviews, Safety Analysis and DFMEAs.
- Support field testing and trouble-shooting of products and systems performed by field staff when necessary.
- Support Product Validation Engineers as they conduct Functional and Performance testing.
- Assist in the creation of data and documentation for major milestone review presentations with management.
- Manage workload and prioritization of assigned projects according to direct manager’s input.
- Encourage new and innovative design concepts, inventions, patents and opportunities for product improvement.
- Remain current on engineering and agricultural technological developments and evolving field practices through field contacts/visits, attending meetings and membership in technical societies.
- B. S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with Controls experience
- Minimum of 6+ years of hands-on control development experience
- 6+ months within any of the following industries: Agriculture, Construction, On/Off Highway, Automotive, Heavy Equipment, Aerospace
- Ability to travel worldwide as required to meet the demands of assigned programs.
- Previous experience with complete electronic vehicle systems architecture and software is a plus
- Experience designing and operating Off-Highway/On-Highway mobile equipment, particularly agricultural equipment
- Good working knowledge of electronic components and communication protocols (CAN, J1939, ISOBUS)
- Experience with Model Based Embedded System design, using Mathworks® Simulink® and Stateflow®, ‘C/C++’ programming language and Automatic Code Generation tools (TargetLink), and other relevant development design tools
- Experience using Vector CAN tools including CANalyzer
- Demonstrated technical leadership and organization skills
- MS project experience to develop and manage projects through their life cycle.
- Proficiency in completion of multiple small to large projects from conception to product release.
- Experience in a strong cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal