Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Where is the physical work office located?
NYS Office of Mental Health 44 Holland Ave., Albany NY 12229
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- This project is to elicit requirements for the procurement and implementation of an electronic staff scheduling system for NYS mental health facility operations. The goal of the project is to make scheduling shift staff at various facilities across NYS more efficient and reduce overtime costs.
- Daily Tasks will include but not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the project manager, ITS manager, technical team members and other project stakeholders to provide project leadership.
- Study the business and software application domains to understand the problem space and work with the project team todevelop effective software solutions.
- Work as a liaison to software users and Subject Matter Experts to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and verify the requirements for complex changes to current business processes, policies and information systems and for the development of new business processes, policies and information systems.
- Convey the requirements of the software users to the development team
- Create business requirements documents, context diagrams, business requirements document (BRD), system "as-is" and "to be" states, system specifications, use cases and workflow diagrams, report and screen mockups, swim lane diagrams, and prototypes.
- Provide development team with clearly articulated artifacts.
- Ensure that artifacts required by ITS governance process and Secure Systems Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) are created and support the project scope.
- Manage requirements through the life of the contract using a requirements management plan and traceability to ensure coverage between the source of each requirement and the test case(s) it will be tested by.
- 84+ Months experience eliciting then analyzing the stakeholder's business needs using a variety of analysis techniques and converting those into verified and validated functional and non-functional requirements for development.
- 84+ Months experience in creating and maintaining software development artifacts for communication of requirements, including context diagrams, textual use cases, swim lane diagrams, report specifications, wireframes, user interface specifications, and non-functional requirements specifications.
- 84+ Months experience facilitating requirement workshops, JAD sessions and structured walkthroughs, practising effective communication to ensure requirements are understood, conveyed and met.
- 36 Months experience creating test plans and test cases and working with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- 36 Months experience managing requirements throughout the Requirements Management Lifecycle, including creation and execution of a Requirements Management Plan, requirements traceability, establishing requirements baselines and managing requirements change control.
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) certification by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
- 24 Months of experience working on Health Care or staff scheduling applications