Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
8:00am – 5:00pm
Where is the physical work office located?
NYS Office of Mental Health 44 Holland Ave., Albany NY 12229
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Update & expand NIMRSWeb to capture & process all info necessary to complete an investigation and/or incident as requiredby the Protection of People with Special Needs Act (PPSNA). Will include ability to capture all Special Investigation (SI) requirements for transfer to the Vulnerable Persons Central Registry (VPCR); refinement of existing architecture to meet the NYS JC requirements; new modules & functions that will serve to monitor, track & report on provider compliance with the laws & regs as established by the PPSNA & OMH Part 524 regs; & streamlining data entry for ease of use & understanding.
- Daily Tasks will include but not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the project manager, technical team members and other project stakeholders to provide leadership throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Work closely with Business Systems Analyst 4 and the project team to identify and scope the stated business problem, provide leadership and recommend/execute the best approach to the problem.
- Work as a liaison to stakeholders, the software uses and Subject Matter Experts to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and verify the requirements for complex changes to current business processes, policies and information systems and for the development of new business processes, policies and information systems.
- Conveys the demands of software users to the developers and ensures understanding of requirements clearly articulated artifacts
- Create an as-is and to-be business process flows to ensure that the implemented business process and supporting software meets agency needs.
- Conduct requirements workshops and JAD sessions with agency subject matter experts as one of the many techniques to be used to elicit requirements.
- Create business requirements documents, context diagrams, business requirements document (BRD), the system "as-is" and "tobe" states, system specifications, use cases and workflow diagrams, report and screen mockups, swim lane diagrams, and prototypes.
- Ensure that artifacts required by ITS governance process and Secure Systems Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) are created and support the project scope.
- Manage requirements through the life of the contract using a requirements management plan and traceability to ensure coverage between the source of each requirement and the test case(s) it will be tested by.
- 84+ Months Experience eliciting then analyzing the stakeholder's business needs using a variety of analysis techniques and converting those into verified and validated functional and non-functional requirements for development.
- 84+ Months Experience in creating and maintaining software development artifacts for communication of requirements, including context diagrams, textual use cases, swim lane diagrams, report specifications, wireframes, user interface specifications, and non-functional requirements specifications.
- 84+ Months Experience facilitating requirement workshops, JAD sessions and structured walkthroughs, practising effective communication to ensure requirements are understood, conveyed and met.
- 36 Months Experience creating test plans and test cases and working with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- 36 Months Experience managing requirements throughout the Requirements Management Lifecycle, including creation and execution of a Requirements Management Plan, requirements traceability, establishing requirements baselines and managing requirements change control.
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) certification by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
- 12 Months Experience working on Health Care or Incident Management applications.