As an SMA Program Manager, you will be responsible for operationalizing our software maintenance agreements program globally in order to build our SMA business. You will strive to harmonize processes across regions and lead sales strategy for agreements. You will identify infrastructure and systemic barriers to selling SMA and propose actionable steps to unblock selling SMA. You will evaluate pricing and value propositions and work with the SMA product manager toimprove our offering while maximizing revenue. You will strongly influence the composition and commercialization of new or re-tailored agreement products. An eye towards the future will also be important, as you will evaluate the potential for transitioning to software subscription models.
Success in this role will include simplifying the SMA quoting and ordering process and making crucial decisions about upgrades versus agreements. A key skill in this role will be an ability toenvision the entire challenge but focus on the parts to effect positive measurable change. Persistent and persuasion will also be important as you champion your tactics and strategy for improvements. The position will require building an intimate knowledge of customer perceptions about software value and software maintenance agreement value.
- Develop and deliver on the key business objectives of improved SMA connect rate and renewals
- Build and execute workstation SMA renewal initiative.
- Defend and renew growth of client/server SMA business.
- Unify SMA policy, compliance and systems across Agilent software business.
- Drive the necessary infrastructure improvements tostreamline SMA tracking and selling renewals
- Evangelize the importance and value of software maintenance agreements throughout the organization.
- Understand the differences in markets and the effect onpricing.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitors' practices, products and pricing.
- 5+ years of software product management/marketing/sales experience with at least 2 years of experience in a field facing role
- Bachelors or Masters' degree in science, computer science, IT, business or marketing highly preferred; may consider applicants with equivalent combination of education, training and related experience
- A passion for software and an understanding of its current and future strategic importance for Agilent
- People management experience preferred
- Very strong written presentation & communication skills
- Willing to travel at least 25%
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers, and field teams