This is a hands on software engineering position in Link's Common Training Environment (CTE) group. Link's CTE group is responsible for development and delivery of discriminating total training solutions, including Link's HD World® next generation simulation product line that provides war fighters with exceptionally realistic and relevant training for combat and peace keeping missions. HD World® products include: SimuSphere™ HD immersive visual display system, SimuView™ image generator system, PBEG physics-based environment generator and World Content Database Generation.
The primary responsibility of this position is supporting the PBEG physics-based environment generator product. Job duties include design, development, deployment, integration and support into a multitude of fast jet, helicopter, and UAV applications. The position is focused on new product feature design and development utilizing the latest 3D game enginetechnologies and concepts. Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related engineering, science, or math discipline
- Experience developing 3D game engines or their subsystems, and high frame rate applications
- Experience developing applications in C++ for the Windows platform
- Understanding of the mathematics associated with 3D physics/graphics: linear algebra, matrix manipulation
- Development experience using multiple operating system concepts – multi-threading, events, semaphores, memory management, and system configuration
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented languages and Design (OOD) concepts
- Experience working in a team environment
- Good communications skills
- US citizen able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- Advanced degree in computer science or related engineering, science, or math discipline
- Experience with the PhysX, Recast, GWEN, Granny 3D, OpenGL and Google Protobuf libraries
- Experience with continuous integration development processes
- Experience developing physics, AI, animation, tools, networking, or graphics systems
- Experience developing and delivering video games