Softgoods Engineering Program Manager
- Job Number: 56136669
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Sep. 20, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
As an In-Region Engineering Project Manager within the Soft Goods Product Development organization you will be responsible for managing the implementation process for Soft Goods Product Development at our vendors within Asia. In this role you will drive the day-to-day program activities at our vendors to meet the overall program objectives with a heavy focus on the design engineering cycle and deployment planning. Key skills to include: the ability to create and maintain program schedules, the ability to predict pitfalls and develop a better course of action, the ability to identify and direct all resources required to execute successful programs and the ability to collaborate across engineering, operations and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, quality goals.
- Detailed knowledge of the product development processes as well as a understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes. Experience interfacing with Operations, Engineering/Design
- Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Multi-national development experience
- Experience managing Asian OEMs, vendors
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
Drive day-to-day activities at OEM and component vendors to meet overall project objectives Drive engineering build activities at OEMs and component vendors with a focus to meet development requirements Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process Identify and direct all resources at vendors required to execute successful projects Create and maintain project schedules, specific to each vendor Lead cross-functional communication between project in Cupertino teams and external vendors Communicate key issues, escalations and status back to Cupertino management and team Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management at vendors Facilitate good communication and collaboration across engineering functions, operations, and vendors Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
The successful candidate is a Project/Program Manager with a minimum of 5+ years of related technical background in Computer or Consumer Electronics or Soft Goods or has a background delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high aesthetic quality. The candidate has an engineering background and was a practicing engineer prior to becoming a project manager.