Department: East 3rd Street Supportive Housing
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Third Street Supportive Housing Residence offers permanent housing to individuals with a history of homelessness and special needs. We provide on-site case management which includes linkage to community services, recreational and creative arts workshops and groups. There are currently two social work positions open. This position reports to the Senior Social Worker.
- BSW required, MSW preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in delivering case management services to the chronic mentally ill, homeless/formerly homeless and chemically dependent
- Demonstrated experience in New York/New York supportive housing for special needs populations
- Strong skills and interest in group work
- Bilingual/bicultural (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends in accordance with program needs.
- Experience in using AWARDS client information system a plus
- Provide pro-active case coordination to assist residents in accessing comprehensive bio-psycho-social care and advocacy in maintaining public benefits and optimizing health and wellness
- Provide direct services including individual, group and community life activities
- Network and coordinate care with other service providers
- Collaborate with mental health and health care providers
- Accurate and timely documentation of caseload’s assessments, service planning, progress and medication.
- Provide crisis intervention Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: E-mail resume to . Please indicate “Social Worker – East 3rd Street Supportive Housing” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement is an equal opportunity employer/program.